Highlights of Fukuyama
"Rose Gardens" in the city
are more than 400
Healing people's hearts,
adding color to our lives.
After the war, 1,000 roses planted by citizens are now 100 million, and the local community is being nurtured through rose making. Over 60 years, there are more than 400 "rose flower beds" in the city that are taken care of by the citizens, healing people's hearts and adding color to their lives.This is the charm of "Fukuyama, a city of roses" that is unique in the world.
(1) Bara Koen (Rose Park)
(Received the 2006 Excellent Garden Award)
The beginning of Rose Park was when residents near mid-1950s, Minami Park (now Rose Park) planted about 1,000 rose seedlings. In 1965, it was reborn as it is now, and it became known as "Rose Park" among the citizens. Today, the number of roses has increased to 280 species and 5,500. Received the 2006 World Federation of Rose Societies Excellent Garden Award.
(2) Rose Hill (Midorimachi Park Rose Flowerbed)
It is a comprehensive park with disaster prevention functions centered on the city's flower rose. The hexagonal pyramid-shaped rose flowerbed is called "Rose Hill". We have adopted a citizen owner system for this flowerbed, and the citizens become the owners of the roses, giving them their favorite names and raising them with love.
About 330 roses of 5,100 types are planted, and the roses bloom in May and October every year.
(3) Hanazono Park
It is a park that was developed so that everyone can feel the unity with Bara Park and Midoricho Park in 100, the 2016th anniversary of the enforcement of the city. Seven of the ten roses named "Fukuyama" are planted. Variety and number of roses: 28 types, 10
(4) Rose flowerbed in front of JR Fukuyama station
Developed in 2012 as the feature of the station and the gateway to the city.
Approximately 45 roses of about 1,000 species, including the Hollywood movie "Wolverine: SAMURAI" shot in Fukuyama and special rose named "Wolverine: FUKUYAMA", which was born to commemorate the appointment of the city's first tourist ambassador to the leading role "Wolverine" colors the front of the station.
rose flowerbed certificated as model in XNUMX
(5) Tajiri Rose Society (Tajiri-cho
(6) Fukuso School District Volunteer Association: Rainbow Association (Ashida-cho)
(7) Fukatsu Rose Society (Higashifukatsu-cho)
(8) Omoto Women's Clinic (Minami-cho)
(9) Noso Kuremonoten (Shinichicho)
(10) SALVO Ryobi Co., Ltd. (Tsunogo-cho)
(11) Kasumi School District Community Development Committee (Kasumi-cho)
(12) Kanae School District Community Development Committee "Rose Team" (Kanae-cho)
(13) Fukuyama Fukatsu Elementary School Smile Rose Garden (Higashifukatsu-cho)